- Bring the chicken broth with parsley, dill and mint to the boil.
- Simmer on a very low heat for 15 minutes.
- Pass through a strainer.
- Salt the broth.
- Sweat the chopped onions in the olive oil.
- Glaze the rice: add the black rice and stir well to coat the grains of fat.
- Pour in the iced white wine and reduce for one minute.
- Add the hot broth to the pan little by little.
- Cook on a low heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue cooking adding broth as you go for 15 minutes.
- Spread the rice on a plate and set aside in a cool place.
- Make a syrup with lemon juice, sugar and water.
- As soon as it comes to the boil, add the lemon zest.
- Cook until the zest is soft.
- Leave in the cooking syrup.
Finishing and dressing
- In a non-stick skillet over high heat, pour in a drizzle of olive oil and add the scallops before seasoning.
- Cook for just one minute each side so that they are well colored on the surface but remain almost raw inside.
- Warm up 30 cl of risotto broth. As soon as it comes to the boil, add the rice. Mix continuously without stopping.
- When the rice is hot, add the Comté cheese, then emulsify the risotto with the cold butter in small cubes.
- Stir in the crème fraîche. Check the seasoning.
- Arrange the risotto on the plates, distribute the scallops.
- Add the dices of candied lemon and the fennel sprigs.