- Remove the sand from the clams in a large bowl of salt water for 2 hours.
- Drain and store in a cool place.
- Cut the stale rustic bread into 1 mm thick slices.
- Brush them with clarified butter
- Dry in the oven between 2 plates for 2 hours at 115°C.
- Keep in a dry place.
- Work the butter and add the chopped parsley, the crushed garlic, the anise seeds and the grated lemon zest.
- Add finely chopped shallots, rinsed beforehand.
- Add the ground pepper.
- Roll in a bag and freeze.
Finishing and dressing
- Warm the clams on the grill.
- As soon as they open, deglaze the pan with a dash of white wine.
- Arrange on a plate, sprinkle with hot parsley butter, crumble over the Melba toast.