Quantity: 8 individual cakes
For the tuile: Aluminum tube Radias 2.5cm, Length 15cm
For the taro chantilly: Star shape tip
- Make a syrup with sugar and water.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spread on silpat, dehydrate at 57 degree for 2 hours
- Cut into 5*10cm rectangle and shape it on the aluminum tube.
- Return to dehydrator until it hardens
- Repeat as above.
- Whisk the sugar and eggs together until a foamy consistency.
- Sieve the cake flour, chopped coriander and baking powder together and set aside.
- Add the honey to the egg mixture. Add the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour in the melted butter slowly and gradually.
- Leave to rest in fridge at least 4 hours.
- Bake in the cake moulds at 180 degree 12 minutes
Taro infused chantilly
- Bring the taro puree, cream and pandan leaf to a boil
- Infuse for 2 hours or until completely cool.
- Cover the surface and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Whip the taro cream and icing sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Cut the fresh pineapple into small chunks.
- Cook the pineapple and cane sugar into a jam.
- Add the salt.
- Add green lemon zest.
Light pineapple buttercream
- Make a crème-anglaise with pineapple, milk, egg yolk and sugar.
- Cream the butter until fluffy, then pour the crème anglaise (at 36 degrees) into the butter. Mix well
- Add pineapple purée into the buttercream.
- Mix the sugar and pectin together and set aside.
- Place milk, butter, and corn syrup in a pan, bring to a boil and add the sugar-pectin mixture. Mix well.
- Cook mixture to 106 degrees. Remove from heat and leave to cool for two minutes.
- Add the chopped peanuts to the mixture
- Spread the mixture onto silpat, freeze for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 160 degree for 13 minutes.
- Cool down completely. Store in air tight container.
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Season with lemon juice and sugar.
- Place one piece of taro tuile on the plate.
- Put 3 small pieces of coriander cake on the tuile.
- Next pipe the pineapple jam, coriander pesto and light pineapple buttercream in between the coriander cakes.
- Followed by piping the taro Chantilly on top the cakes.
- Top it with the pineapple tuile covering the fillings.
- Finish with peanut nougatine and baby coriander.