- Wash the bamboo shoots well and simmer with a little rice and dried chili pepper for 20 minutes.
- Drain the bamboo shoots, allow to cool to room temperature.
- Remove the outer bark and large fibres from the bamboo, cut it into small pieces, cover the pieces with salted egg yolk butter and brown under the grill.
- Peel an asparagus, cut it into thin slices with a mandolin.
- Grill the second asparagus and cook the last one in butter in a frying pan.
- Cut the watermelon into 1.5cm thick slices, remove all the seeds and compress three times in a sous vide machine, before smoking it with walnut wood.
- Finish by cutting into small cubes.
For the béarnaise sauce with goji berries
- Wash the Goji berries thoroughly and cook them in water over low heat until they are completely soft.
- Drain them and purée them in a blender bowl, then strain them through a fine sieve.
- In a saucepan, bring the cider vinegar, dry scallions and black pepper to a boil and monitor until the volume is reduced by onethird.
- Strain the mixture through a conical sieve, add the egg yolks, then cook in a double-boiler (with water at a temperature of 60 to 62°C), whisking to obtain a light foam.
- Gently pour in the clarified butter, always stirring in the same direction until the emulsion is complete.
- Finish by adding the goji purée that was previously made.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place pieces of bamboo, asparagus slices, grilled asparagus and buttered asparagus on each plate.
- Decorate with some salicornia and chervil leaves and top it off with the béarnaise sauce with the goji berries.