- Mix the salted butter (at room temperature), icing sugar and ground almonds with a spatula. When the mixture is smooth and homogeneous, add the egg yolks and flour.
- Carefully mix well to ,incorporate the all the ingredients.
- Prepare ,a baking sheet covered with wax paper or Silpat.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C / 300°F.
- Roll out the dough roughly and quite thick on the baking sheet, then bake in the oven for 15 mins.
- Remove once golden brown and cool.
- When the shortbread is cold, crumble it to a powder using a rolling pin.
- Mix 150g of this shortbread powder with 80g of melted unsalted butter.
- Set aside.
Light Amaretto cream
- Combine the very cold cream, mascarpone, sugar, amaretto, vanilla, and add the previously softened gelatine in cold water.
- Beat into a thick Chantilly whipped cream.
- Put in the refrigerator to cool.
Dulcey Chocolate Ganache
- Proceed with the making of a classic ganache: boil the cream with the inverted sugar (or glucose) and gradually add the
- Dulcey chocolate to melt.
- Blend until perfectly smooth and even.
- Use a 22cm diameter round pan with a removable bottom.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread the crumbled shortbread butter.
- Chill in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Pour a 1/2 cm layer of ganache over the shortbread crust. Chill in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Cut the bananas into thin slices and evenly layer them over the ganache.
- Chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Push the removable bottom of the pie pan up to release it from the sides of the pan.
- Use a spatula to spread the thickened amaretto mousse on top of the cake into a dome like shape.
- Dust the top with cocoa powder using a fine sieve.
- Optional: sprinkle with silver or gold leaf.