Sweet almond paste
- Let the butter get soft and put it into a container, sift the icing sugar directly on top.
- Add the scraped vanilla pod, the almond powder and the salt.
- Mix everything for a smooth texture. Break the egg over the mixture and mix, then sift the flour on top.
- Mix without overworking the dough, wrap it in food-quality film and leave it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Make a dry caramel with the sugar.
- Deglaze with the hot milk.
- Pour gradually over the praline.
- Add the fleur de sel
- Beat the UHT cream in a cold vat, add the icing sugar and blend.
- Hydrate the gelatine for at least 5 minutes.
- Cook the caster sugar to a brown caramel.
- Deglaze with the hot cream. Add the butter and the fleur de sel.
- Then let cool at 50° before adding the gelatine.
- Gradually pour the caramel at 45° over the mascarpone and blend in the mixer.
- Turn out.
- Store cool for at least 2 hours before serving.
Assembly and finishing touches
- Spread the dough 2mm thick. Cut out a circle of approximately 17/18cm.
- Butter the stainless steel pastry ring and line the tarts.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 170°, remembering to prick the dough with a fork beforehand.
- Drizzle on the soft caramel and pipe the Chantilly using a 12mm piping tip.
- Then pipe the caramel crémeux with a 10mm piping tip.
- Finish by arranging the chouchous as in the photo.