8 individual cakes
For the puff pastry: aluminum alloy tube with a diameter of 4cm
For the chantilly piping: 10mm round piping tip
For the choux: 2.5cm cutting disks for the choux crumble and standard number 8 round piping bag
Vanilla pastry cream
- Open the vanilla pod, remove the seeds with a knife and set aside. Bring the milk, vanilla pod and the seeds to a light boil on low heat.
- Add sugar, egg yolk, flour, and corn flour and stir with a spatula until the batter is thoroughly cooked.
- Whip the cream.
- After cooling, whisk the mixture until soft and combine with the whipped cream.
- Prepare the pastry sheet butter: mix 58g of flour and all the butter together.
- Prepare a dough base: mix 122g of flour, the water and salt.
- Wrap the dough base with the pastry sheet butter then do 2 times of three-fold plus 2 times of four fold
- Roll to 55cm long and 4mm thickness and leave to rest overnight. Roll into a tube, cut 1 cm disk and flatten to 4mm thickness again. Wrap the round shaped sheet on the stainless steel round rod diameter 4cm.
- Use 55cm long puff pastry and roll it in a tube shape then cut it to 1cm thick.
- Roll it into 4mm circle.
- Rest for 1 hour then bakewith a 4cm metal stick at 185 degrees for 25 mins then 175 degrees for 20mins.
- Spinkle icing sugar on top and bake at 240 degree for 7 minutes.
- Bring the water, milk, salt, sugar and butter to a boil.
- Add 108g of flour and cook the dough for about 5 minutes on a low heat, stirring frequently with a spatula until it forms a dough.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool down to 60-70 degrees then slowly add the 100g of egg and quickly mix with the spatula until soft and smooth.
- Prepare the choux crumble: mix 25g of flour, 25g of sugar and 20g of butter together into 2.5mm thickness and cut with the 2.5cm round cutting disk.
- Pipe the choux into 2cm diameter balls on a baking tray. Place the crumbles on top of the choux puffs.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 165 degrees.
- Heat all the ingredients together on low heat until the caramel colour begins to appear, then take off the heat.
- Dip the choux in the caramel so each has a layer on top.
- Heat the puree.
- Add the sugar and pectin and bring to a boil.
- Dice the fresh mango into 1cm cubes.
- Pour the fresh diced mango into the compote and leave until cooked.
- Set aside.
- Open the vanilla pod and remove the seeds with a knife.
- Pour the cream and sugar into a cold bowl and start to whip until you achieve a firm Chantilly texture.
- Set aside.
- Put the compote and then vanilla pastry cream into the choux.
- Pipe the chantilly in balls into the long puff pastry shell.
- Scoop fresh mango balls of varying sizes.
- Place the choux on the chantilly and decorate with mango balls and mint leaves.cake.