- Mix the butter and flour. Add cold water and knead into a smooth dough.
- Let the dough rest for 1 hour.
- Knead the butter to soften.
- Place the Tourage pastry butter in the centre of the dough.
- Half turn the dough 6 times or 4 full turns.
- Refrigerate the dough after each turn.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes and then cut the dough into a 35cm x 23cm rectangle.
- Bake at 170°C for 20 minutes
- Bring the water, milk, and butter to a boil.
- Add the flour, sugar and salt.
- Mix well and carefully add the eggs.
- Using a pastry bag pipe the dough into regular circles.
- In a bowl, mix the butter and sugar.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the dough and place in the freezer.
- Cut discs using a round cutter.
- Place on the choux pastry. Bake at 190°C for 25 minutes.
- Boil the milk, cream and vanilla.
- Mix egg yolks, corn starch, Matcha powder and sugar.
- Add half the egg mixture to the milk and cream, then mix well.
- Add the other half, mix well, then bring the preparation to a boil.
- Add the softened gelatin and cocoa butter, then cool to 34°C and add the butter.
- Blend thoroughly using an immersion blender.
- Mix the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla.
- Dilute the milk powder in milk and cream then bring to a boil.
- Pour the hot liquid over the eggs and stir immediately.
- Heat to 85°C.
- Add gelatin. Cool rapidly to 35°C and add the whipped cream.
65% Cacao Dark Chocolate Ganache
- Bring the cream (A) and the glucose to boiling point.
- Add the gelatin and thoroughly mix in the chocolate.
- Pour in the cream (B) and cool overnight in the refrigerator.
- The next day, whisk until the mixture forms into a mousse.
- Mix together all the ingredients and bind until the consistency of whipped cream is reached
- Arrange a layer of matcha cream on the puff pastry, then top it off with a layer of vanilla mousse.
- Garnish the choux with chocolate ganache before placing it on to the three layers.
- Using a pastry bag, pipe the vanilla cream into the centre.
- Decorate with chocolate shavings.