8 individual cakes
For the baba: semi circular silicone moulds – 4cm diameter
For the longan compote: semi circular silicone mould – 4cm diameter
For the chocolate spray: hot-wind sprayer.
For the mousse: ball silicone mould – 5.5cm diameter
For the petal piping:rose piping tip
For the chocolate spray: hot-wind gun / sprayer.
- Add Osmanthus powder to the boiling water, stand for 5 minutes.
- Filter and mix with the rest of the ingredients at 50 degrees.
- Whip the coconut milk and cream together.
- Heat the glucose and gelatin mass with the egg whites to 50 degrees, and beat until light at 8 – 10 degrees.
- Combine and mix with the whipped cream and coconut milk mixture to make a mousse.
Ganache montee with coconut and vanilla
- Heat 40g of the cream, vanilla pod, white chocolate and gelatin mass on low heat until melted.
- Add the rest 90g of the cream and the Malibu and stir slowly with a silicone spatula.
- Leave in the fridge overnight.
Fresh longan compote
- Dice the fresh longan into small cubes and place in a pan.
- Add the sugar and NH pectin and bring to a boil on medium heat for 30 seconds. Stir gently with a wooden spoon.
- Pour into the semi-circular silicone mould and freeze until it is set.
- Add T45 flour, salt, sugar, dry yeast, eggs with 20g water. Whip together at low speed for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining water, then whip until the gluten is formed.
- Add cold melted butter slowly, whip for about 3 minutes until the butter is absorbed by the dough and a thin film appears.
- Pour into 4cm semi-circular silicone mould (8g per mould) and leave to ferment for 50minutes.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 16 minutes.
White chocolate spray
- Melt the chocolate to 45 degrees.
- Melt the cocoa butter to 50 degrees.
- Mix the two liquids together stirring well with a silicone spatula. Once fully combined, sieve the mixture into a jug.
- Pour into the cannister of the spray gun.
- Heat up the syrup at 50 degrees and soak the baba in the syrup until completely absorbed, remove and drain.
- Pour the coconut mousse into the ball mould, put the soaked baba and longan compote filling in the middle. Freeze until set. (around 40mins)
- Stick a bamboo stick inside the ball, dip it in the white chocolate mixture. Leave until set.
- Pipe the ganache montee into petals as in the picture.
- Spray a thin layer of the white chocolate on the petals using a hot wind sprayer.
- Finish by topping with a golden flake.